Education, schools and educational institution
Internet access for pupils, teachers, administrative staff in classrooms, libraries, Internet cafés and laboratories should be standard practice nowadays. However, we are a long way from having as the norm a complete, mobile and secure environment that would allow teachers to give ICT-based lessons with laptop trolleys and wireless networks, enable sick leave and catering management to be delivered in real-time at each location and make regulated and filtered access to the Internet possible. Securepoint IT security and access solutions do the trick very easily and offer e.g. protection to pupils from pornography, racism and all other threats using web content filters.
Public hot spots in buildings that provide pupils, teachers and employees with better and quicker services are very much in demand. Securepoint solutions allow you to dial in from conference and training rooms, offices and public areas via WLAN or LAN securely and without configuration using notebooks, PCs, mobile phones or iPads to gain secure access to the Internet, to data, voice/video applications and business processes.
You have these requirements
Internet access packages and legal requirements are subject to rapid change, just like the requirements for your company:
- There is a trend towards Internet access in classrooms, offices and public areas. Internet access for pupils, teachers, administrative staff in classrooms, libraries, Internet cafés and laboratories.
- Completely mobile and secure environment to allow teachers to give ICT-based lessons with laptop trolleys and wireless networks.
- Sick leave and catering management in real-time.
- Regulated access to the Internet via web content filters to protect pupils from pornography, racism and other threats.
- Legal obligations: As a service provider, you are required to store communication data for between 6 and 24 months (Directive 24/2006/EC). You are responsible if pupils and employees commit copyright infringements (downloading music data etc.) or other violations of law through their Internet usage. However, if you simply prove using Securepoint systems that you were not responsible for this, then you are exempt from liability.
- Shared infrastructures for the implementation of communication services where WLAN and conventional networks complement each other and enable pupils and teachers to dial in from various locations (office, classroom, public areas).
- Availability of additional services, combined with PMS software and password notification via text message
- Simple or automatic Internet access provided to all users without additional effort on the part of your employees or technical support required
- Configuration-free access without technical intervention in your employees’ or customers’ mobile phones or notebooks ensures that customer expectations are met
- Compliance with the anti-terrorism legislation from 2006 and other legal requirements as well as logging communication data for verification: ”Who did what!"
- Managing Wi-Fi or wire-connected access for free or subject to a charge, depending on selection
- Web and additional services. telephony and TV / video as on-demand services are supported.
- Protection against annoying SPAM so as to not waste working time
- Restrict employee access to the Internet and specify which web accesses or files from the Internet are permitted
- Integrated protection against unauthorised access to sensitive data (such as online banking, passwords, hacking...).
- Virus scanning of emails, file attachments (including packed) and all web accesses for viruses, trojans etc.
- Protection against hackers and attacks on your network to keep your data secure at all times.
- Automatic updates enable automated security updates in real-time.
- Simple, secure networking of any number of locations for subsidiaries and branch offices.
- Simple integration into your existing IT infrastructure and utilisation, such as e.g WLANs, LAN, active directory etc.
- Central management for thousands of Securepoint products with warnings issued when failures occur; monitoring is integrated into your central IT backup concept.
- Implementation in virtual environments and for clouds.
- High availability, clustering, multipath routing, load balancing and QoS of Securepoint solutions are also included.
Simple and user-friendly
The Securepoint concept for creating user accounts and user authentication allows pupils and employees to be included in the network without complications and without additional effort or technical expertise required on the part of staff or users.
Setting up is easy and involves:
- providing a password
- defining access rights (Internet, printer)
- defining connection conditions (e.g. fixed time per day, credit for a week etc.)
- providing a ticket with all of the information required for dial-up
- allowing users to register themselves via the Internet and sending a password by text message to their mobile phones immediately
- revoking user rights automatically
All of this can be carried out by individuals without any network expertise.
Configuration-free access and excellent support for customers
Securepoint solutions enable pupils and employees to dial in using PCs, notebooks, mobile phones or iPads to permitted areas and thus benefit from the configuration-free access. Access is straightforward for all users and does not require any technical support. The result is increased citizen and employee satisfaction without any additional costs.
You decide what is to be offered.
The Securepoint solutions allow you to decide whether access is to be free of charge or subject to a charge, depending on where the connection is established.
- fee-based access and authentication by text message in the public areas
- free of charge access and authentication via password in the offices and classrooms
Securepoint access and IT security solutions
Securepoint Firewalls (UTM)