Local and government authorities
Public hot spots in municipal buildings, libraries, tourist offices and employment agencies that provide citizens, guests and employees with more and quicker services and more efficient dealings with authorities are very much in demand. Secure access to the Internet and Intranet for mobile employees in local and state authorities helps massively in this regard. Flexible billing models (free of charge, subject to a charge), bugproof networking and protection against all Internet threats in accordance with legal requirements should be kept in mind here. Securepoint solutions allow your employees and guests to dial in from conference and training rooms, offices and public areas via WLAN or LAN securely and without configuration using notebooks, PCs, mobile phones or iPads to gain access to the Internet, to data, voice/video applications and business processes. Guest accounts can of course be billed.
You have these requirements
Internet access packages and legal requirements are subject to rapid change, just like the requirements for your company:
- There is a trend towards Internet access in offices and public areas.
- Legal obligations: As a service provider, you are required to store communication data for between 6 and 24 months (Directive 24/2006/EC). You are responsible if guests and employees commit copyright infringements (downloading music data etc.) or other violations of law through their Internet usage. However, if you simply prove using Securepoint systems that you were not responsible for this, then you are exempt from liability.
- Shared infrastructures for the implementation of communication services where WLAN and conventional networks complement each other and enable customers to dial in from various locations (office, conference room, public areas)
- Availability of additional services, combined with PMS software and password notification via text message
- Simple or automatic Internet access provided to all customers without additional effort on the part of your employees or technical support required
- Configuration-free access without technical intervention in your employees’ or customers’ mobile phones or notebooks ensures that customer expectations are met
- Compliance with the anti-terrorism legislation from 2006 and other legal requirements as well as logging communication data for verification: ”Who did what!"
- Managing Wi-Fi or wire-connected access for free or subject to a charge, depending on selection
- Web and additional services. telephony and TV / video as on-demand services are supported
- Protection against annoying SPAM so as to not waste working time
- Restrict employee access to the Internet and specify which web accesses or files from the Internet are permitted
- Integrated protection against unauthorised access to sensitive data (such as online banking, passwords, hacking...)
- Virus scanning of emails, file attachments (including packed) and all web accesses for viruses, trojans etc.
- Protection against hackers and attacks on your network to keep your data secure at all times.
- Automatic updates enable automated security updates in real-time.
- Simple, secure networking of any number of locations for subsidiaries and branch offices.
- Simple integration into your existing IT infrastructure and utilisation, such as e.g WLANs, LAN, active directory etc.
- Central management for thousands of Securepoint products with warnings issued when failures occur; monitoring is integrated into your central IT backup concept.
- Implementation in virtual environments and for clouds.
- High availability, clustering, multipath routing, load balancing and QoS of Securepoint solutions are also included.
People-oriented: simple and user-friendly
The Securepoint concept for creating user accounts and user authentication allows visitors to be included in the network without complications and without additional effort or technical expertise on the part of staff or users.
Setting up is easy and involves:
- providing a password
- defining access rights (Internet, printer)
- defining connection conditions (e.g. fixed time per day, credit for a week etc.)
- providing a ticket with all of the information required for dial-up
- allowing customers to register themselves via the Internet and sending a password by text message to their mobile phones immediately
- revoking user rights automatically
All of this can be carried out by individuals without any network expertise.
Configuration-free access and excellent support for customers
Securepoint solutions enable citizens, customers and employees to dial in using their own PCs, notebooks, mobile phones or iPads or EDP from your offices and thus benefit from the configuration-free access. Access is straightforward for the customer and does not require any technical support. The result is increased citizen satisfaction without any additional costs.
The authorities decide what is to be offered.
The Securepoint solutions allow you to decide whether access is to be free of charge or subject to a charge, depending on where the connection is established.
- free of charge access and authentication by text message in the reception area
- free of charge access and authentication via password in the offices
- access payable via credit card/customer card and authentication via password in the conference rooms
Securepoint access and IT security solutions