Health care, doctors and practices
Access to patient records and medicinal applications by medical staff anywhere in the hospital, as well as Internet and video as on-demand services (free or charge or subject to a charge) for patients in their rooms, are interesting and important services in clinics. Secure doctor-to-doctor communication and data exchange (D2D) via the Internet and access to the practice/clinic network when at home or on the road accelerate the business processes. In addition, it will soon become mandatory to have online billing via KV-SafeNet for practices and clinics with associations of national health doctors.
Public hot spots in buildings that provide patients and employees with better and quicker services are very much in demand. Securepoint solutions allow your employees and patients to dial in from hospital rooms, conference and training rooms, offices and public areas via WLAN or LAN securely and without configuration using notebooks, PCs, mobile phones or iPads to gain access to the Internet, to data, voice/video applications and business processes. Patient/guest accounts can of course be billed.
You have these requirements
Internet access packages and legal requirements are subject to rapid change, just like the requirements for your company:
- There is a trend towards Internet access in patient rooms, offices and public areas.
- Legal obligations: As a service provider, you are required to store communication data for between 6 and 24 months (Directive 24/2006/EC). You are responsible if patients and employees commit copyright infringements (downloading music data etc.) or other violations of law through their Internet usage. However, if you simply prove using Securepoint systems that you were not responsible for this, then you are exempt from liability.
- Shared infrastructures for the implementation of communication services where WLAN and conventional networks complement each other and enable customers to dial in from various locations (office, hospital room, public areas).
- Availability of additional services, combined with PMS software and password notification via text message
- Simple or automatic Internet access provided to all customers without additional effort on the part of your employees or technical support required
- Configuration-free access without technical intervention in your employees’ or customers’ mobile phones or notebooks ensures that customer expectations are met
- Compliance with the anti-terrorism legislation from 2006 and other legal requirements as well as logging communication data for verification: ”Who did what!"
- Managing Wi-Fi or wire-connected access for free or subject to a charge, depending on selection
- Web and additional services. telephony and TV / video as on-demand services are supported.
- Online billing via KV-SafeNet for practices and clinics with associations of national health doctors.
- Secure doctor-to-doctor communication and data exchange (D2D) via the Internet.
- Access to practice/clinic network when at home and on the road.
- Protection against annoying SPAM so as to not waste working time
- Restrict employee access to the Internet and specify which web accesses or files from the Internet are permitted
- Integrated protection against unauthorised access to sensitive data (such as online banking, passwords, hacking...).
- Virus scanning of emails, file attachments (including packed) and all web accesses for viruses, trojans etc.
- Protection against hackers and attacks on your network to keep your data secure at all times.
- Automatic updates enable automated security updates in real-time.
- Simple, secure networking of any number of locations for subsidiaries and branch offices.
- Simple integration into your existing IT infrastructure and utilisation, such as e.g WLANs, LAN, active directory etc.
- Central management for thousands of Securepoint products with warnings issued when failures occur; monitoring is integrated into your central IT backup concept.
- Implementation in virtual environments and for clouds.
- High availability, clustering, multipath routing, load balancing and QoS of Securepoint solutions are also included.
Online billing via KV-SafeNet
Securepoint solutions offer the following to health care areas such as doctor’s practices and clinics:
- online billing with associations of national health doctors
- doctor-to-doctor communication and data exchange (D2D)
- access to practice network when at home and on the road
- secure access to the Internet
all of which can be carried out from home:
Simple and user-friendly
The Securepoint concept for creating user accounts and user authentication allows visitors to be included in the network without complications and without additional effort or technical expertise on the part of staff or users.
Setting up is easy and involves:
- providing a password
- defining access rights (Internet, printer)
- defining connection conditions (e.g. fixed time per day, credit for a week etc.)
- providing a ticket with all of the information required for dial-up
- allowing customers to register themselves via the Internet and sending a password by text message to their mobile phones immediately
- revoking user rights automatically
All of this can be carried out by individuals without any network expertise.
Configuration-free access and excellent support for customers
Securepoint solutions enable patients, guests and employees to dial in using PCs, notebooks, mobile phones or iPads to permitted areas and thus benefit from the configuration-free access. Access is straightforward for all users and does not require any technical support. The result is increased satisfaction without any additional costs.
You decide what is to be offered.
The Securepoint solutions allow you to decide whether access is to be free of charge or subject to a charge, depending on where the connection is established.
White paper on WLAN and Network Access Controller
WLAN - the crux between data protection and process optimisation...
- fee-based access and authentication by text message in the patient area
- fee-based access and authentication by text message in the public areas
- free of charge access and authentication via password in the offices
- access payable via credit card/customer card and authentication via password in the conference rooms
Securepoint access and IT security solutions